Partner and Head of Commercial Real Estate
I advise on all aspects of commercial property with a particular emphasis on acting on behalf of banks and other financial institutions in secured lending work, including development loans.
In my practice, I deal with all aspects of commercial property, advising high-net-worth investors and corporate clients in connection with commercial property investment, commercial acquisitions (including acquisitions for development) and sales and commercial lease work.
Much of my experience stems from acting for off-shore clients and individuals and corporations with large property portfolios.
Major matters and transactions include:
- Acting for the seller and buyer of two properties on Oxford Street, London W1, with a combined value of £56.1 million
- Acting for the seller of a prestigious property in West London valued at £23.5 million
- Acquisition of office block valued at £5 million
- Acting for the bank on the refinance of a hotel for £10 million.
- Acting for the bank on the refinance of a property portfolio of 33 properties worth in excess of £11 million
- Purchase of a property on Oxford Street for £23 million
- Sale of a property on Oxford Street for £20.1 million
- Sale of a school for £36 million
- Sale of a property for development for £7.5 million
- Purchase of a property in City of London for circa £6.5 million
- Purchase of the residence halls at a college for £8.85 million
- Purchase of an office building for £5.1 million
- Acting for the bank on the finance for an off-shore company for £8 million
- Acting for the bank on the refinance of off shore company for AIB for just under £5 million
- Acting for the borrower on the refinance of a property portfolio of 17 properties
- Acting for the bank on a refinance of eight properties
- Acting on the purchase of a residential house for in excess of £14 million
- BA in Law, University of Natal (South Africa)
- CPE, City of London University
- Ray Oshry qualified as a Solicitor in 1985.
Memberships and Recognition
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales
- The firm’s property finance team, co-led by myself and Vijay Parikh, has been recognised in the Legal 500 (2018/2019) edition specifically for our secured lending experience