I am a Partner in the Banking and Finance practice with a specific focus on the Indian market. I qualified as an Indian Advocate and became dual qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales. I have completed a Masters in Law specialising in Corporate and Commercial Law at University College, London and before joining the firm, I trained at a top 100 city law firm.
I am experienced in drawing up complex Loan Market Association (LMA) form facility agreements for complicated loan structures such as Revolving Facility Agreements, Senior/Mezzanine Facility Agreements, Security Agreements involving Security Trustees/Agents, syndicated and bilateral loan documentation.
I have advised clients across multiple jurisdictions including the UK, India, British Virgin Islands, Isle of Man, Luxembourg, Cyprus, and Panama, and have represented clients in a wide variety of sectors, including banking, hospitality, leisure, aviation and food and beverage.
I am based in our Central London Office.
In my spare time, I like to travel, attend art shows, theatres, cultural and social events at the High Commission of India, Nehru Centre and Asia House in London.
Languages spoken: Fluent English, Hindi, Bengali, basic understanding of Punjabi and Gujrati.
My experience in secured lending transactions spans the full spectrum of drafting finance and security documents for lenders for credit facility transactions. This includes:
* finance documents for lenders for credit facility transactions
* overdraft agreements
* inter-creditor deeds
* deeds of priority
* deed of subordination
* assignment of rental income
* duty of care deeds
* assignment of a bank account
* charges over shares
* charge over cash deposits
* personal and corporate guarantees
* independent legal advice
* corporate cross guarantees
* conditions precedent satisfaction letters
* loan renewal and extension letters
* amendment and reinstatement agreements,
* collating condition precedent documents
* post completion compliances on behalf of lender clients of the firm
I am known for efficiency and quick turnaround on transactions, with the ability to precisely analyse all details of the transaction whilst keeping in mind my clients’ expectations.
I have experience in registering charges at Companies House and Land Registry for a variety of different lenders, including Metro Bank, OakNorth Bank, Aldermore, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank etc. To date, with regard to the registrations at the Companies House or Land Registry, I have not had a single late registration.
* Advising an Indian family-owned conglomerate in relation to the development of one of Europe’s largest hotel and residential projects worth £1 billion.
* Advising Indian banks in the United Kingdom in matters ranging up to US$50 million.
* Advice to various ultra-high net worth Indian origin investors in relation to purchase and development of commercial and residential properties in the UK.
* Representing a large international food distribution and hotel group with an annual turnover of £100 million, providing legal services including commercial, corporate, litigation and employment requirements.
* Advising a significant Indian hotel group in relation to the financing and purchase of a hotel in the UK for £6.5 million.
* Assisted in advising in the financing and purchase of an Agusta Westland 139 Helicopter and Dassault Falcon 8X Aircraft worth US$ 59 million.
Memberships and Recognition
I am currently a board member of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) in the UK and have co-chaired the Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) UK. I am closely associated with the High Commission of India (HCI) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and actively participate in networking events and profile-raising activities within the Indian business community in the UK. I retain strong links with India, particularly Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.