Our specialist property litigation team can cut through the confusion and help you find the right way forward, helping you to avoid contentious litigation wherever possible. We also have a strong focus on property dispute avoidance, meaning we can offer proactive advice for any property matters you are dealing with to identify potential risks and to avoid litigation in the future.
When litigation cannot be avoided, we are able to provide you with pragmatic advice as we understand the commerciality of issues. We will consider your business needs as well as the law and will seek to bring any disputes to a satisfactory and swift conclusion.
We act for all types of property owners and occupiers, including institutional landlords and real estate developers. Our experience includes everything from disputes over family homes
to litigation related to high-end developments and multi-million pound property portfolios.
Further examples include:
- Statutory notices, ending the lease, opposing lease renewals, surrender, forfeiture and break clauses
- Enforcing leasehold covenants including arrears, rights to assign and/or sublet and/or make alterations, rights of entry to effect repairs, breach of user and dilapidations
- Eviction of travellers, squatters and trespassers
- Adverse possession claims
- Disputes relating to real estate transactions or real estate clients
- Rent reviews
- Development-related work including contested site assembly and business lease termination
- Acting both on behalf of and against surveyors and architects in professional negligence disputes
- Enforcement of easements
- Property development agreement disputes
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants
- Enforcement of option agreements
The litigation process can, to a non-lawyer, appear to be a maze of procedural rules replete with traps for the unwary. In…
Friends who go into business together sadly often forget that personal relationships do not always stand the test of time. Trust alone…